free art from the graphics fairy = personalized copyright watermark

Wednesday, March 31, 2010

I have been following The Graphics Fairy blog for a while ... it is written by a very talented woman named Karen and she shares {for free} graphic art that can be used in craft projects, on blogs, etc. She recently posted a picture of an antique camera http://graphicsfairy.blogspot.com/2010/03/thursday-is-request-day-bee-babies.html that I loved.


I knew that I could use Karen's graphic along with a few of my own graphic elements (the sitting wren and my logo) to make it my own little personalized copyright watermark for my photography.  I created the art in Photoshop CS3 and then turned it into a "brush" so that I could add it to my photos in whatever colour worked best for the shot.

I tested the watermark on a bunch of my recent photos from St. Lucia ... I'm pretty happy with the way that it turned out and now I will have to remember to add the watermark to all of the photos that I post ... I'm sure that will make my husband smile - he is a lawyer and specializes in patent, trademark and copyright law :)










No Comments Yet, Leave Yours!